For the first 3 days after the procedures
Refresh Tears ointment on sutures directly with a q-tip. Make sure sutures always have ointment applied.
Most should be gone 1 week to 10 days and swelling will subside within a few weeks.
- Blood thinners for two weeks before and after the procedure.
- Alcohol for one week before and on week following the procedure.
- Caffeine for two days before and two days following the procedure.
- Direct sunlight for 6 month, wear sunglasses.
- Do not applying creams or makeup to eyelid area until sutures have been removed.
- Exercise (can be resumed in 10 days).
For more information see the Blepharoplasty Homepage.