Eyes truly are the window to the soul, so we are always striving to make them look youthful, rested and full of life. The skin around the eye area is the most delicate, so it is often the area that signs of aging can first be seen.
Prevention and Maintaining:
As early as your twenties, it is important to be good to your skin and body, and thus your eyes, to look your best. This means healthy lifestyle habits such as eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, drinking 8 glasses of water per day, and avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking or excessive caffeine and alcohol consumption. Sunscreen and sunglasses that blocks both UVA/UVB rays are also crucial as a preventative measure.
Other medical conditions, such as allergies and thyroid conditions can give the illusion of tiredness and must be treated as well.
Treating and Turning Back the Clock
There are many factors that can contribute to an aged eye, and a skilled facial plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Anil Shah, will be able to hone in on what treatments will be the solution to each patients unique areas of concern. Some treatments are:
- Botox – This can help to treat crow’s feet and fine lines, as well as improve brow position to open up the eye.
- Facial Filler – Can improve under eye darkness cause by volume lose.
- Upper Blepharoplasty – Can lessen the appearance or remove creepy or excess skin, fat above the eyes, and heavy eyelids.
- Lower Blepharoplasty – Can remove the excess fat, loose skin and under eye creepiness.
- Endoscopic Browlift – Can improve the position of the brow and eyebrow, with minimal scarring.