What is an expert?
An expert is defined as a person with extensive knowledge or ability in an area by virtue of:
1. Dr. Shah has been trained by a series of experts with the field of facial plastic surgery. He was selected to the highly competitive fellowship in facial plastic surgery at New York University, Cornell University (New York Hospital), and Manhattan, Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital. During that time, his mentors including some of the most renowned rhinoplasty surgeons, facelift surgeons, and injectors of facial fillers in the world. In the field of facial plastic surgery and plastic surgery, a mentor is crucial to learning techniques and approach to a foundation of facial plastic surgery.
2. By profession, Dr. Shah is recognized within the field of facial plastic surgery as an expert. He was an Assistant Professor within the division of Facial Plastic Surgery at NYU. He was the first rhinoplasty surgeon to perform costal cartilage grafting at Gramercy Surgery Center, Manhattan Eye, Ear, Throat Hospital, and Center for Specialty Care Hospital and now at Watertower Surgicenter in Chicago. He is currently a clinical instructor of facial plastic surgery at the University of Chicago.
3. Dr. Shah has written over 50 scientific articles and publications within the scientific literature. More significantly, he has been recognized for several anatomic “discoveries” within the field of facial plastic surgery. Dr. Shah is featured in Marquis’ Who’s Who for his achievements in facial plastic surgery.
4. Dr. Shah has performed more than 1000 face and neck rejuvenation procedures. The average plastic surgeon performs 20 facelift procedures per year, which mean he would have to practice for 50 years in order to perform as many procedures as Dr. Shah. More importantly, Dr. Shah’s technique has been highlighted and modified after a colleague in Manhattan, considered one of the top two facelift practices in the world.
5. Dr. Shah has performed over 3,500 rhinoplasty operations. The average plastic surgeon would performs 12 rhinoplasty procedures per year, meaning he would have to practice over 290 years to perform as many procedures as Dr. Shah. Dr. Shah’s approach to rhinoplasty is a unique approach based on fundamentally divergent techniques. While many surgeons will utilize only one technique, aka open or closed, Dr. Shah will perform both techniques without bias. This is important because some patients will benefit from one technique over the other. Often times a surgeon is typecast into a specific set of style of the nose he will create. Dr. Shah will create a nose with the full palette of techniques at his disposal.
6. Dr. Shah has been known as a brilliant mind and a keen observer of those around him. There are over 10,000 injectors of botox in the world. Dr. Shah was the first to observe and then prove that botox will reduce the amount of oil and shrink pores.