Under Eye Filler in Chicago, IL
WHAT IS UNDER EYE FILLER?
One of the first tell-tale signs of aging is the eyes. Many patients will note that their friends always ask if they feel tired or had a bad night of sleep, and this can be be cause their under eyes have lost volume, creating darker circles. While many patients think of an eyelid lift as the only treatment, in some cases, adding volume with under eye filler may be the answer.
BEFORE AND AFTER
As we age, we lose volume, around the face and eyes- this can make the eyes look either hollow or imbalanced between the eye and the cheek. By the selective addition of filler, the eye can look refreshed with little to no downtime.
How Does Under Eye Filler Work?
Under the eye rejuvenation with Dr. Shah & Dr. Chughtai is designed to soften the hollows under the eye so that the eye will look more rested. Here are Dr. Shah’s key steps to creating a more rested lower eye:
- Diagnosis- The key step is to determine what is the cause of the disharmony in the lower eyelid. In some cases, it could be as a result of a medical condition such as allergies or thyroid condition causing increased swelling or darkness around the eyes. In other cases, a lower lid blepharoplasty or eyelift may most appropriate. A key step in diagnosis is understanding of the underlying anatomy of the lower eyelid area and appreciation of facial aesthetics.
- Technique- Injecting facial filler is technically demanding and requires an understanding of proper placement of the material. Dr. Shah uses a specific technique to minimize any palpability of the filler, which is critical due to the thin delicate skin under the lower eyes. Technique is also responsible for minimizing bruising by placing the filler away from the blood vessels in this area. This technique to placing filler was learned by Dr. Chughtai, giving her patients the same results.
- Material- Dr. Shah & Dr. Chughtai only recommend the use of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane or the use of autologous fat. He uses fat typically in conjunction with a surgical rejuvenation procedure.
Recovery Time after Under Eye Filler Treatment
There is no downtime from getting under eye filler.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eye Filler Treatment
Most patients are able to return to work or be restaurant ready that day. Patients will occasionally bruise so they recommend having their treatments at least 2 weeks prior to any big events.
There is typically minimal discomfort to this procedure.
We normally apply the use of vibrating distraction devices when injecting filler into our patients to minimize any discomfort.
If an injector hits a vein, not only will the patient not get the most out of the filler, but they will experience bruising. In the office, we use a device called an AccuVein. This vein finder shines a bright red light that allows us to avoid any veins in the face.
Yes, there is an agent which can reverse facial fillers with HA background.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Anil Shah. Why he is the best:
- Dr. Anil Shah, MD, FACS is considered one of the best plastic surgeons in Chicago specializing in rhinoplasty (Nose Job Surgery) facelift and eyelift.
- He has published over 50 scientific articles within the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Shah has written three landmark articles about facial anatomy revolutionizing the way plastic surgery is performed.
- He works with a large range of patients whose livelihood depends on their face including models, actresses, and the social elite.
- Surgical Internship at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency at Cook County Hospital (Stroger), Children’s Memorial Hospital (Northwestern), Lutheran General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Michael Reese Medical Center.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngolgy-Head and Neck Surgery.