Skin rejuvenation can eliminate the appearance of brown spots, acne scars, and large pores. Dr. Shah uses laser, light, and other energy-based treatments, chemical peels, and other non-ablative methods to give patients a youthful glow.
Skin Rejuvenation In Chicago, IL
- TECHNIQUES FOR SKIN REJUVENATION
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR SKIN BEFORE SKIN REJUVENATION TREATMENT:
- PRE AND POST SKIN CARE SKIN REJUVENATION:
- SCAR REVISION CHICAGO
- Is Skin Rejuvenation right for me?
- What happens during skin rejuvenation?
- What about my long-term recovery from skin rejuvenation treatment?
- Skin Rejuvenation: Results and outlook
- How much will Skin Rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments cost?
- Skin Rejuvenation FAQs
DR. SHAH’S SPECIAL TOUCH
Dr. Shah’s first and foremost commitment is patient safety and satisfaction. He considers individualized care as more than just a catchphrase. It’s an attitude and a vision that he enacts every day. For this reason, Dr. Shah meets with each and every patient personally at the time of your very first visit. He allows ample time for your questions and listens attentively to your goals and your concerns, and then plans your individualized care to achieve your desired results.
TECHNIQUES FOR SKIN REJUVENATION
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing improves a wide range of cosmetic flaws – such as wrinkles, acne, and aging or sun-damaged skin – is the latest scientific breakthrough in skin rejuvenation. Using a wand-like laser handpiece, undesired skin cells and wrinkles literally disappear in a puff of mist and are replaced by fresh skin cells. Compared to other techniques for skin resurfacing, the laser’s most noteworthy advantage is that it generally causes minimal to no bleeding. This procedure allows for more precise and safe treatment of delicate or specific areas due to its ability to regulate the depth at which it penetrates the skin’s surface.
- The epidermis, (the most outer layer of the body) is responsible for the look and health of the skin. It protects the body by continually working to renew itself by shedding dead skin cells and replacing them with new healthy cells. This renewal process slows down as we age. Due to this factor, the skin can become discolored causing an undesirable appearance and the texture of the skin can become dry and rough.
- The dermis, (the inner layer of the skin) is comprised of dense connective tissue containing collagen and elastin fibers that form a support structure for the skin’s shape, strength, and flexibility. Over time, degenerative alterations in the dermal layer can significantly reduce collagen production and elastin in the skin. This causes the conditions for thin, loose skin.
Modern laser technology is the best option for those who want to achieve a balance between how they look and how they feel. A candidate for laser skin resurfacing can expect to smooth and soften those fine lines and wrinkles without any type of surgical procedure. Results from laser treatments are noticeable within a few short weeks, and the improvements in the skin’s tone and appearance are long-lasting.
Read more to know if you are a candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing Chicago.
Sun exposure, acne, or just getting older can leave you with an uneven skin texture, wrinkled, spotted, or scarred. If you want your skin to look smoother and younger, consider a chemical peel. Chemical peels are a non-invasive procedure in which a chemical solution is used to help exfoliate the skin to improve the effects of aging, blotchy pigmentation, spots, and pore size, all of that to rejuvenate your skin without surgery.
Read more about Chemical Peels Chicago.
Scars from acne can seem like double punishment – first, you had to deal with the pimples, and now you have the marks as reminders. No one has to live with permanent scars and dark spots that can develop as acne clears. Dr. Shah offers his patients many safe and effective treatment options.
Read more about the treatment for scars related to Acne in Chicago.
Are you looking for a non-surgical way to freshen and rejuvenate the skin on your face? A microdermabrasion treatment, a less aggressive approach than dermabrasion, makes use of a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, and sun damage… there’s even microdermabrasion for stretch marks.
Skin, like the weather and our moods, changes. Changes in age, diet, or menstrual cycle can cause your skin to feel drier, oilier, or even more acne-prone. Whether you have dry or oily skin, understanding your skin type is crucial. Find out what your type is and how to get your face to look its absolute best!
PRE AND POST SKIN CARE SKIN REJUVENATION:
A customized pre and post-operative skin care regimen developed by Dr. Shah will ensure optimal results and conserve your perfect image. Combined in-office and home care helps increase the skin’s metabolism and reduces cellular debris. The ultimate goal of pre and post-care is to decrease inflammation, moisturize, nurture, and soothe the skin. How you take care of your skin, before and after at home, is just as vital as Dr. Shah doing his part!
Proper care of your skin at home, coupled with professional skincare treatments, will provide you with long-lasting results. It is essential you have good home care when it comes to your skin. Choosing the correct professional products is a must. Professional products are formulated with a high concentration of active ingredients that bring results. Over-the-counter products may have some of the same ingredients but at a very low concentration. Changes can take months to years to develop, if ever. The many “fillers” in these products can cause breakouts, pore-clogging, and irritation to the skin causing more unnecessary problems.
Three essentials to start a good home care regimen:
- Cleanser (chosen for your skin)
- Exfoliator (chosen for your skin)
- Moisturizer (chosen for your skin)
Scars can result from a variety of causes including chicken pox, acne scarring, trauma, or accidents. The key for patients is to understand that once they have a scar, there is no way to remove a scar. The scar can be improved and blended to make them look less conspicuous. In addition, after scar revision surgery, the patients may need additional follow-ups and procedures depending on their individual healing characteristics.
Imagine never thinking twice about having your picture taken, or going to the grocery store without putting on makeup. It’s the little things that make a huge difference when you’re able to love your skin. Whether you’ve got broken capillaries, sagging skin, sun spots, or stubborn scars from acne, skin rejuvenation can help you achieve a youthful appearance and the healthy, glowing skin you will want to show off.
Dr. Shah uses the latest breakthrough in skin rejuvenation to improve the appearance of skin. This includes making the skin younger, softening or removing brown spots, tightening pores, polish and purify acne scarring, and treating resistant acne.
If any of those mentioned traits pertain to you, skin rejuvenation or resurfacing may be right for you. Skin rejuvenation can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser, light and other energy-based treatments to chemical peels and other non-ablative methods.
Is Skin Rejuvenation right for me?
Skin rejuvenation is a treatment to resurface your skin, or to improve the texture, clarity, and overall appearance of your skin.
Do you have any of these conditions?
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, melasma, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters, or even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structure (collagen and elastin fibers) that results in a loss of skin firmness, or the development of cellulite.
Skin rejuvenation is an option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance.
What happens during skin rejuvenation?
Laser resurfacing can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of the entire face or those that develop in specific regions of the face, such as the upper lip and around the eyes.
Laser and light treatments, or specially formulated chemical peels, resurface the skin to treat pigmentation disorders, such as sun and age spots. Careful consideration of your natural skin color and type will determine the treatment best suited for you to minimize the risk of developing additional pigmentation or a loss of pigmentation (whitening of the skin). Take our quiz to accurately determine what type of skin you have.
Laser and fractional resurfacing, or mechanical resurfacing such as dermabrasion, can improve the appearance of scars related to acne as well as other skin conditions. The degree of scarring, the type of your skin, and your color will determine the treatment options available to you.
What about my long-term recovery from skin rejuvenation treatment?
A series of treatments are required to achieve improvement in skin texture and clarity and repeated treatments are essential to maintain your results. When your procedure is completed, you will be instructed on how to care for the treated skin during recovery time. You will also be reminded about:
- The expected duration of your results
- Specific concerns to look for in treated skin
- When to follow up with Dr. Shah
The results and recovery time of skin resurfacing and rejuvenation are variable depending on the technology or treatment plan prescribed for you. Following your treatment, whether skin resurfacing or rejuvenation, your skin will continue to age naturally and you may develop similar conditions to those that have been treated, or other skin conditions. Heal naturally and you will begin to see the results of smoother skin. And it doesn’t stop here, as your skin will continue to improve for months. With the combination of the recommended products and sun protection, your results will be maximized.
Skin Rejuvenation: Results and outlook
Skin resurfacing and rejuvenation procedures produce a marked improvement in skin conditions and your overall appearance. The technologies and treatments available are advancing rapidly and you may be surprised at the improvement that can be achieved by relatively simple procedures. There is no pill, magic cream, or miraculous potion that will give you a perfect complexion and firmer skin. No skin should be arbitrarily categorized and addressed with one set of rules. Each person is unique and affected by environment, genetics, hormones, stress, emotions, and everyday habits. This is why Dr. Shah believes it is essential to determine the source of imperfections so that they can be effectively corrected with methods that work.
How much will Skin Rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments cost?
Skin care procedures are always a consideration in electives, and prices can vary widely.
Dr. Shah does offer patient financing plans, such as Care Credit, so be sure to ask!
Cost may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee.
When choosing a plastic surgeon for skin rejuvenation treatment, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
Skin Rejuvenation FAQs
If you live near Chicago, IL, Anil Shah Facial Plastic Surgery offers skin rejuvenation among its services and is conveniently located at 200 West Superior St., Suite 200 Chicago, IL 60654
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Anil Shah. Why he is the best:
- Dr. Anil Shah, MD, FACS is considered one of the best plastic surgeons in Chicago specializing in rhinoplasty (Nose Job Surgery) facelift and eyelift.
- He has published over 50 scientific articles within the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Shah has written three landmark articles about facial anatomy revolutionizing the way plastic surgery is performed.
- He works with a large range of patients whose livelihood depends on their face including models, actresses, and the social elite.
- Surgical Internship at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency at Cook County Hospital (Stroger), Children’s Memorial Hospital (Northwestern), Lutheran General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Michael Reese Medical Center.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngolgy-Head and Neck Surgery.