Qwo is the only injectable available that is FDA approved for the removal of cellulite. Here’s how it works with one to three treatments. The actual bands that cause cellulite are dissolved by this injection. This is a new treatment that’s never been performed before.
QWO in Chicago, IL
WHAT IS QWO?
Qwo is the only injectable available that is FDA approved for the removal of cellulite. Here’s how it works with one to three treatments. The actual bands that cause cellulite are dissolved by this injection. This is a new treatment that’s never been performed before. This was FDA approved. Meaning that it met the strictest criteria by the federal government to be approved for the removal of cellulite. With previous types of procedures, such as liposuction and Cellfina, cellulite could be improved, but not removed. And these procedures had significant downtime. With the injectable Qwo, which is now offered in Chicago, cellulite can actually be treated with a simple injection.
Where Can Cellulite Be Found?
Cellulite is typically found in female patients versus men. The reason it’s found in women is that women’s hormones are different and the way their bands look, crosshatch, is different than men’s.
Cellulite is most typically found along the patient’s legs. Sometimes the butt area and rarely the stomach. Their problem with cellulite is it creates a cobblestoning appearance. And for some women, if they’re trying to wear bathing suits, even if they’re in relatively good shape, their genetic predisposition will make them have cellulite.
There are plenty of alternatives for cellulite, but very few are effective. Liposuction is good for the reduction of fat but does not work for cellulite. Cellulite is different to treat cellulite. You need to remove the bands. Some doctors described using fork liposuction, cannulas, as well as a device called Cellfina. However, these treatments can be painful.
Frequently asked questions
The downtime with QWO has been found to be “limited.”
There may be some mild discomfort, but the pain seems to be well tolerated by our patients. And it’s less than that of a surgical intervention.
There are no guarantees what results have been promising based on the study and our limited experience.
Between one to three treatments.
You can contact our Chicago office at 312.944.0117 or DM us on Instagram @shahaesthetics.
If you live near Chicago, IL, Anil Shah Facial Plastic Surgery offers QWO among its services and is conveniently located at 200 West Superior St., Suite 200 Chicago, IL 60654
Why Choose Dr. Anil Shah
- Dr. Anil Shah, MD, FACS is considered one of the best plastic surgeons in Chicago specializing in rhinoplasty (Nose Job Surgery) facelift and eyelift.
- He has published over 50 scientific articles within the field of plastic surgery. Dr. Shah has written three landmark articles about facial anatomy revolutionizing the way plastic surgery is performed.
- He works with a large range of patients whose livelihood depends on their face including models, actresses, and the social elite.
- Surgical Internship at University of Illinois at Chicago
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency at Cook County Hospital (Stroger), Children’s Memorial Hospital (Northwestern), Lutheran General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Michael Reese Medical Center.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngolgy-Head and Neck Surgery.